GE Gas range keeps beeping

The GE Spectra XL44 gas range has developed this symptom a few times when either an F1 or an F7 lit up on the display, accompanied by constant beeping. The first time i followed the advice in this forum and reset it. The second time resetting it didn't work. I wasn't about to plunk down more than $100 to get the display board replaced so I unplugged the ribbon connector. I've really had enough when it happened again a month ago. So I moved the range forward, unscrewed the display board from the back and pried the little beeper off.

So now the range has an F7 display which we ddin't bother to reset. Because it keeps coming back. At least there are no annoying beeps anymore. It doesn't seem to disrupt the functionality of the range. Am I losing anything?

Reply to
yaofeng