Gash in new oak wood floors

I just installed Bruce hardwoods in my kitchen, pre-finished, I believe with a semi gloss. I put a nice scratch on a board moving some funiture. My question is how to go about fixing it without removing the board. I refinished the other rooms in my house, and if that happened I sanded it out and re applied the finished I used for the rest of the floors, but I'm not sure if this will work with these new factory finished strips.

Reply to
Steve

Typically the damage pieces are replaced but you will have some small nail holes showing because they will have to cut off the tongue to fix it. Bruce makes some latex filler which sucks. You might try some 3rd party stuff to see if you can fill it and make it look ok. Or forget about it because you will have more soon.

That is one advantage of the click flooring like Mannington laminate. If you drop something and damage a panel, you pop the molding, work yourself to the bad panel, replace it and you have a new floor again.

Reply to
Art

I gashed mine when I was setting up a platform to install a chandalier. I cleaned it, buffed it, and forgot about it. Its a nice gash but my wife has not noticed yet :P

Reply to
dnoyeB