Gas water heater capacity

Trader, It is common in the city it is in. Mega money town. Its about

20-25 mins from my town. In my town only one Geo per home is common. Again, only 20 mins away is a totally different world than where I live. It seems to be something you cant quite seem to grasp.

And again, just trying to get you to step out of your own little world in a trailer and understand that there are many people out there that can afford a whole house on demand electric water heater. Also lots of people than can afford to pay to heat no only their home but also there outdoor sidewalk and driveway to melt the snow.

Well, it certainly appears you cant afford one. It seems that as you say it isnt common because it is considered too expensive. Obviously, too expensive for you but not for others. Does that make you jealous? Get over it.

Yes, it is common around my area. Step OUT of the box trader.

You're mighty big on restating. They usually call that "back-peddling". That seems to be one thing I found that you are quite good at.

MyMy Trader. This is the internet. You I thought would have learned by now to put on your magic underwear and be prepared for a little heated discussion once in a while and not whine so much. Its only words. Believe it or not you will survive. If you cant handle the heat, grow a set of balls or run out of here with your tail between your legs and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Ive not heard such whinner in a long time. Get over it.

Exactly what "What" is? You want fuel costs here or what? If I give that to you will that make you feel better or do you want them so you can fill your screen with some more useless math numbers?

Get this: Why stop at 40 gal? For one person even a 30 gal gas heate is way overkill. I had a 30 that did 5 people. It croaked in 6 yrs and I installed a 50 gal. There, you like all those numbers?

Actually, for what he is considering, a small tankless would operate just fine for him for one person. Id bet a single point of use heater would work for his shower.

Trader, It is EXCEPTIONALLY apparent that you are an out of work EE (retired Im guessing) with more time on your hands than brains. You are like arguing with a 12 yr old child, something I fortunately choose not to have any more time for. You may trudge forward through the mud on your own and you can change all the words you wish and interpret all you want and write down all the math formulas your heart desires. You will still always be my little pet lunatic. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

te:

s his entire

I can grasp that you're so deceptive that you won't even give us an idea of what city or state you're living in. Of course, if you did so, then it would be much easier for folks to evaluate your bogus claims, determine what energy really costs and figure out that you're full of baloney.

So now we're back to it's not common. Good to see you finally agree.

Again, it's not that it's too expensive. It's that it's expensive and IMPRACTICAL compared to other readily available solutions. Even if you don't care about costs, in the vast majority of cases, there are far more practical solutions, like gas tankless or large or multiple storage tank solutions.

I asked you, who claim to be knowledgable and in the trade, a direct question that was the point of the whole thread you did not answer:

"So, what should the OP do? He needs to replace a 50 gallon natural gas storage unit. He's considering going down to a 40. And you say, he should do exactly what? Put in an electric tankless? Simple question, in most cases like this is it practical and cost effective to put in an electric tankless for the whole single family house, yes or no? "

And again, unlike you, most of us here aren't afraid to say where "our area" is, because we're honest and have no need to hide. When you hide, you can make up demographics, incomes, energy costs, climate, anything you want.

Yes, it's the internet, where posters like you are unfortunately all too common. I'll let others judge who is the deceptive poster who often turns what were valid discussion threads into flame wars by going on the attack for no reason.

Reply to
trader4

On Aug 24, 2:59=A0pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote: In part: Quote:

End quote

I agree those are completely valid points. And anything that 'burns' fuel, be it oil, gas, wood etc. loses heat 'up the chimney' or 'out the vent'! That is a factor of 'it's efficiency.

1) The heat lost from the surface of the hot water unit MAY help to heat the house, in winter. Our 40 gal electric is in the almost completely below ground basement and away from outside walls. Foam insulated it doesn't seem to lose much heat anyway.

2) In this climate we do not need or install AC. There are maybe? 3 days a year when it might be usable. But as trad says if it were factor at all it could 'work against' the AC.

It's good though to see that these points are being mentioned and evaluated, in context.

In a similar way that my neighbour has, almost blindly, replaced most/ all his light bulbs with CFLs. They do use less electricity. But since he heats his house electrically, for here, at least 8 months of the year, his average monthly electrcity bill has hardly, if at all, changed. And one is not recommended to use CFLs in anything that is switched on and off frequently. So that includes his motion sensor lights.

Reply to
terry

Holy Cripes Trader. Exactly how damn hard is it for you to read the header fields of my post and find out where my internet connection is from? I guess you are just too busy looking for math formulas and discrepincies to do the teeniest bit of homework. Man O Man you are dumber than a box of rocks. If I give you my address will that make you feel better? I could give you a pacifier too. Now you've gone and upset me because you made a liar of me. I posted that I was done with you but you are just too fun to futz with. You have earned the likes of being my little pet pull toy. Everytime I give you a "tug" you "speak." Bubba

Reply to
Bubba