gas wallheater, no flow (thermostat?)

My natural gas wall heater won't come on. Photos at

The pilot is lit. It was last turned on in July. Not having been used since, cranking up the thermostat dial no longer fires it up. I had a stove that would not let gas flow unless a certain detector near the pilot got hot enough to "know" that a pilot was there to ignite the gas. I wonder if these heaters have a similar defeat mechanism that could be my problem (can't see it if so)? Or what other causes should I considerr?

Is this something that can be fixed on a do-it-yourself basis or is calling a pro recommended?

Reply to
D Morgan

Not knowing your skill set, call a pro

Reply to