Gas unit heater

I'm getting ready to purchase and install a hanging natural gas furnace in my shop's work area. I'm replacing a 20 year old Modine unit that rusted out. It served me well but boy was that thing noisy. I want something as quiet as possible with a through the wall vent and I am looking for recommendations. Brand names and links are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. Jerry

IRONDOG

Most any brand of heater is going to be a bit noisy because of the propeller type fan they use. The smaller Reznor UDAP models are fairly quiet. The bigger the unit, the more noise they make. It is possible your old heater was too large and did not run long enough to dry out the condensation they will produce if they short cycle. Most people buy too large of heater! Greg

Reply to
Greg O