Gas off subject

My monthly budget bill went from $80 a month to $190 in July. Thats more than 100%. Thats even before Katrina happened. So what happened before Katrina to cause them to hike prices?

I suspect the so called peaker plants have increased natural gas demand so much that demand outstrips supply. THis is what we get for not adding to our base electrical supply capacity.

Reply to
Jmagerl

Actually, a prime mover in that was also the emphasis against coal in an Administration which shall remain unamed...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Get ready for the reprise! It's a damned good thing Rosalind didn't have any such delsuions of grandeur!

Reply to
keith

I was just watching the national news. They are reporting due to extremely pleasant weather conditions in some Midwestern states, they forecast a 20% increase in gas and diesel prices, the West and East coast should see a 30% increase.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

"Sacramento Dave"wrote

Phew, a relief from what was forecast earlier. They were saying a 71% increase for natural gas, here in the Midwest.

I told my wife, it won't be that much, and then everyone will feel "relieved", that it "only" will be raised around 40%. Looks as if I may be right, for once.

Reply to
Dacore

Yep, the bastards already got most folks thinking that gasoline is a bargain if the price is $2.30 a gallon.

Now they will get the sheeple to be happy that natural gas and propane are "only" 40% higher this winter.

Damn oil companies. Damn Halliburton War.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Fucking Clinton.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Actually many newer base load power plants use natural gas, espically in Florida, California, NY, and New England. That's why their electricity is so expensive.

Reply to
scott21230

Buy elctric from wind power generating companies. You get to reduce emissions, and supply capital to aid the growth of the field. This helps in reducing gas demand.

Reply to
FDR