Gas Heat won't turn on

I just bought a Honeywell ct3200 Thermostat to replace an old CT87A. Everything worked fine with the old thermostat (A/c, Heater, Fan only). Now only A/c and fan work.

I have four wires, red,white,blue,green. Red to R, White to W, Green to G, Blue to Y. I believe this is how the original stat was wired although being a newbie I didn't check before disconnecting. I talked to a Honeywell rep however and she confirmed that it was wired correctly.

I'm left to believe I must have either damaged the heater or the thermostat when installing, as I played around with differnt configurations. I was confused by the blue wire not being yellow like it should be. Anybody have any ideas? It's going to start getting cold at night here. Thanks

Reply to
fndrstrt1

Call a pro. You blew the board.

Stupid f****ng cheap-ass homemoaner...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

The question is did I blow it with my question or response? F'ing know it alls.

Reply to
fndrstrt1

We seem to know not only what you did, but how you did it. I guess that still leaves you out in the cold

Reply to
Noon-Air

You did it by crossposting....to ALT.HVAC

Thats the standard type of reply you'll get there

Reply to
Rudy

Put a jumper between Rh and Rc.

Reply to
Phil Yarbrough

Ummm...the unit comes with one already installed there....

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT