Gas Furnace. Fan

Hi:

Just turned on the heat, but no heat is coming out although the furnace is burning away. house temp is 50-55 and the thermostat is set at 65. I have alwyas had the fan on the furnace on auto instead of manual, so I hear the blower coming on in a cycle. Auto fan does not seem to be functioning this time. Is there a reason why I couldn't just keep the fan on manual and on all the time? Manual fan works.

Also, where do I put the filter in the gas furnace. Been looking around the furnace, and I cant find a slot/place where a filter would go. There are 2 filters lying next to the furnace, but I don't know where they are supposed to go.

Thanks

Reply to
Doe John

Robert Barr

This is Turtle.

If it is the older models it your Fan / Limit Control. Get a hvac man to check it out for sure and replace it and not try to adjust it JUST ONE MORE TIME.

Do find the filter and replace it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

There are usually two built in thermostats inside the furnance (not to be adjusted yourself). Once controls when the fan turns on/off depending on the HI/LO setpoints are. Designed to make sure the furnace has heat before blasting air out the vents, and to still provide some of the heat that the furnace still has when the flame shuts off. The HI limit is usually around

150 and the low limit 60 ? The other stat is the HI limit to shut off the gas if the furnace gets too hot, possibly due to the fan not coming on at all.

Sometimes these stats can go bad.

If not experienced, get professional help to check the furnace out.

Reply to
MC

If the low limit was 60, and the house was at a normal temp eg 70, it would never shut off, would it?

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Can't remember what the low limit would be, I was trying to remember what I have seen as not worked on any for a while now.

Reply to
MC

Trace your inlet from your furnace to your living quarters. That is where the filter(s) go.

Reply to
PJx

Reply to
Roy Mottola