For what it's worth:
My gas dryer (Maytag Neptune) did essentially the same thing that yours did, at about the same time (early march). The gas would light up, but for only a few (<5) seconds, and therefore the dryer never got hot.
I looked at this thread and figured out that I should replace the coils. I did. That did not work.
I found out that the Maytag (and possibly many other gas dryers) have a flame sensor, that mounts near the ignitor, on the shield, and it can go bad. I changed that as well.
Seems to work OK now.
Thanks for your collective help.