Gas Dryer Air

The igniter is out in my gas dryer. Most likely that's it -- there is no clicking sound when starting the dryer like before. It's not worth it to have a repairman come out. It's in an unheated area, so as a temporary fix, I'd like to direct warm dry air from the house to the inlet with a length of duct hose, but don't know where the air comes into the dryer. Anyone know where the air inlet is in these?

Thanks in advance

Snuffy

Reply to
Newgene McMensa

clicking sound when starting the dryer like before. It's not worth it to have a repairman come out. It's in an unheated area, so as a temporary fi x, I'd like to direct warm dry air from the house to the inlet with a lengt h of duct hose, but don't know where the air comes into the dryer. Anyone know where the air inlet is in these?

This is beyond being cheap.

Reply to
redzap78

no clicking sound when starting the dryer like before. It's not worth it to have a repairman come out. It's in an unheated area, so as a temporary fix, I'd like to direct warm dry air from the house to the inlet with a len gth of duct hose, but don't know where the air comes into the dryer. Anyon e know where the air inlet is in these?

Probably true. And also probably not very effective, unless the heat sourc e is more than a typical register. I would suspect that where a dryer actual ly pulls air in would vary from dryer to dryer and may not be accessible. A far better strategy would seem to be to do a DIY fix of the igniter, or w hatever is wrong with it.

Reply to
trader_4

Would a portable electric heater and a tent like structure be an option? Do you have a tarp handy?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

When you get it setup, please post a photo at

Retired

That would be a fire hazard and those type of heaters waste power.

Reply to
redzap78

is no clicking sound when starting the dryer like before. It's not worth it to have a repairman come out. It's in an unheated area, so as a temporary fix, I'd like to direct warm dry air from the house to the inlet with a length of duct hose, but don't know where the air comes into the dryer. Anyone know where the air inlet is in these?

LOL! Funny boy!

This is similar and gave me enough info...

Newgene McMensa

snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

s no clicking sound when starting the dryer like before. It's not worth i t to have a repairman come out. It's in an unheated area, so as a temporar y fix, I'd like to direct warm dry air from the house to the inlet with a l ength of duct hose, but don't know where the air comes into the dryer. Any one know where the air inlet is in these?

Did you read the last part?

What about using a Gas Dryer?:

"I would not recommend modifying a gas clothes dryer to draft hot attic air . Altering the draft of the combustion air could have very negative consequ ences. Natural gas has the uncanny ability of creating deadly carbon monoxi de when burned improperly. This could KILL YOU and EVERYONE else in your ho usehold. "

Doh!

Reply to
trader_4

snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

is no clicking sound when starting the dryer like before. It's not worth it to have a repairman come out. It's in an unheated area, so as a tempor ary fix, I'd like to direct warm dry air from the house to the inlet with a length of duct hose, but don't know where the air comes into the dryer. A nyone know where the air inlet is in these?

ir. Altering the draft of the combustion air could have very negative conse quences. Natural gas has the uncanny ability of creating deadly carbon mono xide when burned improperly. This could KILL YOU and EVERYONE else in your household. "

And isn't just fixing the igniter a whole lot easier anyway?

Reply to
trader_4