On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:01:04 AM UTC-8, email@example.com wrote:
You won’t need to service it as much if:
1. Your vent is very short and you clean if often.
2. You make sure the filter is very clean every time you use it.
3. You replace the whole thing when it stops drying the clothes like it used to.
4. You like to set your house on fire.
I've had over 30 years of dryer experience and have taken different
models apart to clean them, greatly improving their performance
Just last August I posted about an Estate dryer that would shut down
intermittently and require a cooling off period before it would
restart. Cleaning the external ducting, including the exterior vent
did not help. It was only after I opened it up and cleaned every nook,
cranny and duct space that the problem went away.
1. Use a leaf blower connected to the inside of the house and blow out all
2. If you have an air compressor and a air hose of sufficient length, get a
special nozzle such as:
(There are probably cheaper alternatives, but this is the first one I
You may need to clean the internal ductwork and fan area, as well as
the external vent, around the flap. Any place where there is a turn or
obstruction is a place where lint can build up.
I have done this a few times with various dryers and it greatly
improved their performance.
Last August I had an Estate dryer that would actually shut down and
require a cooling off period before it would restart. Once I vacuumed
out all of the internal ductwork, it worked fine and has been working
for over 6 months.
We have 2 dogs and drying their blankets and pillows creates a lot of
hair, dust and dander in the dryer.
Fairly new and not drying? I agree with the others that it may just need
a good cleaning. YouTube has lots of diagnostic and repair vids, ic cleaning
doesn't help. Might be a failing gas solenoid.
Check air trap outside the house and then the pipe between the dryer and the
That needs to be cleaned out yearly
Lint is the #1 cause of fires related to dryers.
(I always save the lint and take it along for camping trips as a fire
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.