Garden Shed

Some of those New Orleans dogs, they could be mayor. *snicker* I'll bet those were some bonkers puppies.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Kate wrote in news:hqdgft$u39$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

We blocked it going up the side of the shed with screening. Then it's folded near the ground and extends away from the shed for a few feet. My husband built a fake foundation with cement blocks. It's been that way for years and it tricks animals who think they can't get in there. Because it's not right next to the shed, but out away from it. I guess they can't get close enough to know there is someplace for digging under. There is screening and framing to the top of the blocks. They are part way in the ground. What happened is a electric company guy stepped on the screening when it was covered in snow. We didn't know it and the raccoons began to try and break into the shed.

Reply to
Marina

I'd remove the wood, it rots. Use galvanized hardware cloth to keep out varments but allow plenty of airflow.

Reply to
Phisherman

Maybe you live in a Disney movie but out here in the REAL world pets disappear all the time...It is in the local papers ALL the time..Especially in early spring , late winter when food is really scarce.....Be it by coyotes , bobcats , fishers or eagles and hawks...Coyotes are the most common cause...Up here in Maine there is no closed season on the vermin and even contests to see who can get the most , biggest , ect...They are also taking a BIG toll on the Whitetails..They weren't ALWAYS here either...They are a recent immigrant...

Reply to
benick