Garden Hose Repair

Curious, what's in the repair kit for a ratchet wrench? Why can they just give your a new replacement?

Reply to
Frank

I agree, far better to buy S-K or K-D from an auto parts store. The warranty is nice though, even though the flat blade screwdrivers need replacing about every year or so.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I'd rather they did give me a repair kit for some of the older ones, but I have not seen them in a couple of years. I did manage to trade up to a polished "professional" 1/2" ratchet once though as they did not have a regular one in their "rebuilt" drawer.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I've been trading

I don't know, but I did have a Torx driver strip the handle on me once while trying to remove a choke cover. Pretty pathetic. It too was brand new, just out of the box.

nate

Reply to
N8N

they tried that 'repair kit' shit with me a few times. I say no thank you , i'll take a new ratchet. and that's what we do. 'course i've been trading at the same store for 30+ years.

S. Barker

actually you get everything that's inside the handle. Even the snap ring that holds it together. Best way to avoid the problem is to just put the dam thing in the vise, take the 3 pound mopar alignment tool and break the handle inhalf. No repair kit will fix that.

S. Barker

Sears around here is packed, Holyoke mall, Holyoke mass Clark...

Reply to
Clark...