Garden hose

I, too, bought a Goodyear 5/8" rubber hose at (sob!) Home Despot.

(Wish I'd thought of Sears!)

It has a much better brass fitting than the ? brand which I returned to H.D. because it leaked at the faucet connection. But to my surprise, the new rubber hose kinks much more than the no-name hose that I returned.

Downside of this Goodyear hose is that to use the warranty, you have to send the whole (*&&^%^ hose back, not just both end connectors, as with Gilmore and maybe other brands. Who the hell is going to pay a fortune to ship a ton of hose to wherever? Again, wish I'd thought of Sears where I could just walk it in.

Other downside of Goodyear hose is that it kinks a lot. I may have to try Steve's figure -8 solution, though the storage area doesn't lend itself, and I'd have to retrain the gardener.

Sigh!

Pers.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

"I'd have to retrain the gardener!"

OK, garden owners, get your lemonade, umbrellas, and whip, and get to gardening.

Reply to
Billy

I have had quality ones, cheap ones and medium ones. All kinked and once kinked, always kinked. My solution?

The yellow ell cheapos (I get 'em at Wal Mart). Yes they kink but are easily unkinked, usually just by walking down them and kicking them. They also don't kink in the same places. About the same amoutn of kinks as a heavy duty one but the fooling around unkinking beats them hands down.

Harry K

Reply to
harry k