Garage door roller out of track

The new house adventure continues (new to me, not newly constructed). I thought that after 20 years in my circa-1940 home, I'd seen almost everything.

I have a single-width metal garage door. On one side, the first-to-last from the top roller is out of the track. Nothing looks bent - it just jumped the track and will be fixed today. But I'm still wondering if there are any wear-and-tear aspects I might want to keep an eye on - something which might have caused this, other than chance. Hopefully not, because there are a few dozen other things I need to obsess about at the moment.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Check the rollers. They wear out and then often jump the track. Replacements are generally available at garage door installers and probably at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. I replaced the whole set on mine and found that the ball races on the replacements are much better quality than came with the door.

SJF

Reply to
SJF

Take a couple of the rollers out of the track and inspect for excessive "wobble". Check to see that the horizontal track isn't twisted. Also, that the tracks are level, plumb and parallel to the door. Rich

Rich

Thanks, both of you, for your tips. They've been added to the 300 foot long to-do list.

Reply to
Doug Kanter