Garage door openers

I'm looking for a user installed opener for a 10' (tall) sectional garage door. Anyone know where to buy such an animal?

THANKS!

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

"Steve Barker LT" wrote in news:hqKdnYmCP69lGuXYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Genie, for example, sells an Extension Kit (here:-

each of their screw, belt and/or chain drive openers. I'm sure others sell similar kits.

I bet that it took me less time to find the answer to your question, through Google, than it took you to compose and post your question.

Morvin

Reply to
Morvin Stayner

Google is your friend ....

Morv> "Steve Barker LT" wrote in

Reply to
Pat

Yes, and i've already been down the genie road. You're only allowed ONE extension and that makes them fit an 8' door. Soooooo, I guess you didn't answer the question at all.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

And what do you suggest I fukkin google for that i haven't already??? Jeeezzeee why not just shut the f*ck up if you can't put in some constructive input.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

I'm using a Chamberlain opener on a 10' and it would open completely if I would spring for the extension. Everything is stretched and adjusted to the max and it opens 9' 6", for my application, that works fine. What I did that finally worked was; space the opener off the wall so I could use the entire track, The extension is I believe 12" so I would have room to roam.

Steve Barker LT wrote:

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of. There's almost a foot wasted in the conventional mounting isn't there?

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

In fact there is ; ) . Also keep it as low as possible, to where the door almost hits the track coming around the curve in the track. Mine is lower at the door end than at the motor end & that helps as well.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Stop by a large RV dealer & check there.

Reply to
Al Schmidt

You won't normally find them in the D.I.Y. stores but any garage door dealer would probably sell you a chain or belt drive one that you could install yourself. I don't think there is a screw drive that long. They make residential openers w/ 7', 8', & 10' rails & you can get commercial ones that will open much taller doors. Usually the rails from a dealer are one solid piece & tend to be stronger then the spliced rails & therefore better in my opinion.

DoorDoc

Steve Barker LT wrote:

Reply to
doordoc

Thanks for the constructive reply. I've contacted overhead door (

) and they have a residential style opener for a 10 footer.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT