Gap seems big for caulk - help!

House built 1932. Everything's old. The space where the shower tile meets the tub needs recaulking. After I get all the old stuff off, is there anything I can use to fill that space before I caulk? Can I put some grout in there so I don't go through so much caulk? Seems like since I have to put it on so thick, it might not ever cure.

Reply to
istrum

theres some stuff called ummm backer rod (?) i think. looks like foam weatherstripping. put that in there and caulk away.

Reply to
I R Baboon

After

thick,

Backer rod....

Reply to
Rick

Reply to
I R Baboon

You guys ARE good. Thanks!

Reply to
istrum

It comes in several sizes. Measure your gap first.

Reply to
Art

Yep. they sell some foam ropelike material for that. ACE hardware has it. I do not recall the name of the stuff.

----- Famous saying !!! When you put your caulk in a hole, be sure your caulk is hard

Reply to
maradcliff