gap between wood floor and wall

My darling husband installed our new engineered wood flooring but in some places the "expansion gap" between floor and wall is too large to be covered by quarter round molding. He's out of town this week and I would love to get this year long project done!..Some places have a gap of almost 2 inches. How do I fix this so I can install the quarter round molding? Please respond quickly with any helpful answers, he's coming back in 4 days Thank you

Reply to
traceymiller3

One would think you have to rip down one piece of the flooring to fit the gap

Reply to
yourname

I agree. Two inches is quite a gap to fill with baseboard molding. Maybe you can take a few pieces of flooring to the place you bought them and have them rip a few strips to size. You may have to glue them in place instead of the snap and click.

Reply to
John Grabowski