FYI: LG A/C Randomly Starting Itself Solved!

Gents;

I've posted a question regarding this issue a few times over the past several months. Not to belabor the details I thought some of you might be interested in what the cause turned out to be:

802.11b WiFi was the culprit.

Must be that LG's remotes are RF instead of IR. When someone was in the room with a WiFi session going on, randomly the A/C would come on by itself. Without the WiFi it stays off.

Go figure!

Bob

Reply to
Bob_M

And we all thought the days of random opening of garage doors was solved by changing frequencies. I guess this is the new door opener. Thanks for the update.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

lol, well not exactly. 802.11b is 2.4GHz. its a public frequency thats why its popular. Cordless phones use the same frequency. Basically any consumer device can use 2.4GHz because its public. That includes said A/C unit. Its just poor implementation on the a/C units part.

If you wish you can go to the new 802.11g I believe it is which uses

5.4GHz. or better to replace the part that is not robust, the A/C thingy.
Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert