Furnace Filter Question?

Possible.......... yes

Reply to
SQLit

"djanvk" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain...

Definitely possible, but ... I'd suggest you get in touch with the seller and see what papers he has to go along with that stuff or at least verbal advice. If you can't get papers, I'd go online to the web sites for the furnace and carrier and see what manuals you can find.

The filters should be located in the cold air return lines, usually right next to (just before) the fan motor. If the filter's missing, you should at least see holders for it.

BOL,

Pop

Reply to
Pop

I too could not find any place for the filter....finally called the gas company and they sent a guy out who knew exactly where it was.......no markings at all on the blasted thing. It is also not easy to change the filter .....have to remove 4 to 6 screws. The gasman told me I could install a filter on my cold air return which is located in the bedroom hallway. No need to go into a cold garage and fuzz with taking off screws etc. Depending on the size it should be easy. But, could not get one at regular Lowe's or Home Depot. Had to order from a heating company. Wall now all I have to do it get on a step stool pull the latch, drop the door and replace the filter.

Reply to
Muvin Gruvin

Having problems locating my furnace Air-filter.

Pulled manual and have taken all possible doors off I can find but no filter anywhere. I do have a Carrier electric air cleaner attached but am unable to verify if it works because no light when its turned in the on position and the test button does nothing. I have recently moved into this house. Is it possible that there is no other filter if there is a electric air cleaner?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
djanvk

I lived in 2 homes with electronic air filters, and there was no standard filter on those systems.

This is one of those things where professional home inspection from someone good is pretty handy.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

There may be some sort of coarse filter right in front and maybe part of the electronic filter. The fact that the light does not come on and you don't hear the usual snap when you press the test button indicates the electronic filter is not working for some reason.

You may want to check the return air grill in the living area, sometimes there is one there. I suspect you have no operational filter and who knows what kind of condition the blower and AC evaporator (if you have one) is in. I suspect you should consider a service call to determine the overall condition of the equipment so you can decide what service you may want done to help assure efficient and reliable service this coming year.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

It is normal. The electronic filter is your filter. It needs to be fixed. My experience is that the power supply will need to be replaced. I've done this on 2 honeywells.

Bob

Reply to
Bob