Funny snow blower problem...

If it has a Tecumseh engine, it might not be a carburetor problem at all. I had similar problems one year and sent the blower in for service. Got it back and had the same problem. Called a mobile small engine service and the fellow replaced the plug, drained about half a cup of oil from the engine and it ran like a top ever since. His advice was to never overfill a Tecumseh engine with oil....even a little bit.

Reply to
Worn Out Retread

willshak wrote in news:O9idnWYg2fDo8unWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

My generator does that somewhat. It's a lever choke and no primer. It's stored inside a shed and I only fire it up once every few months.

I pretty much bring the plug wrench by default, toss some gas in the cylinder and it always starts. Of course, once it's run a bit it will start normally. Since it always works, small inconvenience and I'm good with it.

Reply to
Red Green

Jim Elbrecht wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yea I think I did too. Have to check and see if KF expired. Just catch quoted text within other people's posts.

Reply to
Red Green

In EA's case, cheap/easy would be for him to hire someone to clean the driveway for him.

Better hope not, as obviously you are incapable of diagnosing a simple one cylinder engine. And from the symptoms, there is a very high probability that it all points to one thing. Several posters have already explained it to you. Hint: It ain't a fuel pump.

Reply to
trader4

Yeah, well, if I had 13 wives, the odds are that *one* of them would know how fix small gas engines.... And another would likely know sumpn sumpn about hvac.....

Sheeit, Stormin, we cain't all be as lucky as you....

Reply to
Existential Angst