Frosts and ice on the windows problem

In winter... From inside of the house, my windows (bottom half) got a lot of frosts and actually ice at bottom which are big enough to put in my coke, no kidding. How can I prevent water from condensing? I know it's due to temperature difference between heat vs cold temp out there.. but is there any solution? Do those transparent windows sealing kit from Home Depot help? cos that stuff adds additional layer of air.. any suggetions?

C.W.

Reply to
CuMPeEWeEr [No MCSD]

Warren Weber

You need to keep the warm moist air away from cold surfaces. Yea, those transparent kits help. Good thermo windows with good thermo break frames are far better and more convenient. You can insulate from the outside or the inside, makes no difference.

All that ice means you are loosing a lot of expensive heat as well, so sealing it up will save money.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

So, you mean those shrink plastic kit should fix the problem?

C.W.

Reply to
CuMPeEWeEr [No MCSD]

We use to have this problem in our basement. First, we tackled the control of humidity. While maintaining it high in the comfort range in our living spaces, the cooler basement's relative humidity climbed. So we made need adjust ments for a happy medium. Second, we applied that temp storm window plastice to the outside screen of our basement windows. Now we have no moisture condensation, therefore no ice formation.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME