frostfree freezer problems - high temps

Hi.

we have just moved in to a house that has a fitted kitchen and includes a frostfree freezer.

The temperature, so far has only got as low as -10c The frozen that is in it came from our old freezer,and is still frozen , but when i add things to it to freeze down, ( like bread ) they take days to freeze, a loaf of bread was still soft that i took out the other day, that had been in there for almost a week.

Its an MFI own make one and new they are £669 and its 2 years old and i have been told no warranty is left on it.The previous people said there was no problem with it, but i have never had a F/free one before, and all i know is it doesnt seem right.

Anyone else having these symptoms, is it normal?

Thanks Steve

Reply to
steve

No, doesn't sound right. Take a long thin brush, and a vacuum cleaner, and clean the coils.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn