Frigidaire oven is frigid.

Just a little over a year old, It just stopped allowing anything to heat up. The glass burners on top or the oven part. No heat at all. Timer and displays all light up and work as normal. It's just out of warranty too.

Would anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure an in home repair will be costly.

Reply to
stephjeff

First check to see that your breaker is not 1/2 tripped. Open and close it several times and try again. Simple problem sounds like it is only getting

120v.
Reply to
SQLit

Hi,

A copy... My whole range is dead ( or just the lights & clock are working ): You must check the main power wires where they enter the range at the T-block (

), sometimes they can burn off. Also check house fuses ( or breaker ) that supplies power to the range. Checking with a volt meter (
), you should get 240 volts between the black and red main power wires. The range receptacle and power cord can also burn and fail giving only 1/2 of the power to the range.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

It sounds like the electronic device that replaced the previous pilot light (I think it's called "electronic ignition") isn't working. My guess is that it is unplugged or otherwise not getting electricity (as stated above). One test you can do it to turn on a burner and light it manually (I'd use one of those lighters that I use for pilot lights; you know the kind that look like this:

If you can light it manually then the electronic ignition has some sort of problem.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

I tried the circuit breakers, nothing. So, I just had a service guy look at it. You are right about the power terminal block. He says I need a new Terminal block and power cord. Quoted $143 for parts/labor.

He showed me what has to be done, but Having never messed with electrical stuff, I'd be afraid of the 220 voltage to try and fix this myself. Is the $150 quote unreasonable?

Reply to
stephjeff

Oh yeah, it would seem to me that this could be a fire hazard. The tech said no. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? Like some kind of power conditioner?

Reply to
stephjeff

Hi,

Possible a tad high, but the qoute would be in the ball park for my area.

Let them service it if you feel uncomfortable doing the repair yourself....new parts should have a year warranty when they do the service.

Not normally, the wire burns off before anything catches fire.

Nothing you did probably created it and nothing you could have done to prevent it from happening....the connections works itself loose and starts to heat up to a point where it burns off.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thank you very much Jeff, for you generous help. It's nice that you take the time to make these things much easier for us folks and give us a little more peace of mind. God bless ya and thanx.

Reply to
stephjeff

Thank you very much Jeff, for you generous help. It's nice that you take the time to make these things much easier for us folks and give us a little more peace of mind. God bless ya and thanx to all for the help.

Reply to
stephjeff