French drain help.....

You could start by telling us what the heck a french drain is.... I am not from France, so I dont have a clue. For all I know, it's a bunch of french fries in a hole....

Reply to
bartender9

Well, I suspect that If you're using a separate pipe to handle the roof water, that pipe shouldn't be perforated. You use perforated pipe if you're trying to either collect water, or distribute it, and you don't want to distribute water into the the trench, because there's already too much water there, and you're not using that pipe to collect water, because there's a different pipe doing that job.

You might consider talking to a landscape architect. I'd think this would be a fairly well-studied problem so it shouldn't take days of consultation to come up with an optimal solution.

Reply to
Goedjn