Free standing natural gas stove pilot light

My stove works fine, but when I reach the thermostat setting and the stove shuts down and returns to pilot light only, the pilot light goes out. If I restart pilot light it works fine again until it returns to pilot light only mode. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Jay

Hi,

Dirty pilot light assy might be the easiest to try first. Possible the flame is just too small/weak to keep going and a good cleaning -might- help. A pin in the oven control operates the pilot assy, this may be sticky/broken inside the oven/temp control.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

It depends on how whatever make of range you have was designed. Posting the brand *and* model number of it might help us to find that out. You can find tips for locating the model number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

Normally on a pilot ignition oven, the pilot should be on at all times. If it goes out, there may be a blockage in the pilot's gas supply line or a problem in the oven control.

Some electronic ignition ranges can also have a flame pilot which may go out if the burner doesn't light in a set amount of time. Possible causes for that would depend on the brand and model of your range.

Just to be clear, you are talking about an actual *flame* pilot and not a glow bar ignitor?

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to