FLUTING JIG

Hello, All!

I am designing a fluting jig which I might use on uprights of doorframes. My design is innovative on paper and looks like it might work very well, yet I was wondering if anyone out there has already seen some sort of rig out there already. Please do not suggest corporate vendors such as Rockler or Woodcraft as their expensive stuff

is out of my league. I do not have thousands of dollars to spend.

In addition to the fluted uprights I want to make my own rosettes, moulding, fineals, etc. Is there a "Mother Earth" type site for woodworking? In additiom. is there a "perfect material" for trim? Would you suggest raw wood or prefab stuff?

I am in the planning stage and am realizing all of the avenues out there. Please pardon my ignorance.

In the interim, I will continue to design my jig. If you are interested, simply reply. I can send copies and you might have the opportunity to tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Bobby

bwickes

I believe a fluting jig was covered in either JLC or Fine Homebuilding a while back. If I can find the issue I'll let you know...

Reply to
Rick

clipped

back. If I

June/July, 1990, page 70, Fine Homebuilding:

Page has link to "fluting jig", $5/month to read it:
Load page, find "fluting", purchase article:
Google knows all, sees all :o)

If you need to taper the flute, seems you just need to build in a shim that is long and as thick as the radius of the taper?

Reply to
Norminn