fluorescent ballast for "U" bulbs

I need to replace a magnetic ballast in a F40T12U fixture with an electronic one. I need it be instant on. The last one I bought about 5 years ago said it was rapid start but acted more like a pre-heat ballast, there was a delay of a couple of seconds from when the switch was turned on before the tubes would light. I didn't like that much.

Anyone know of ballast that can turn on 2 U bulbs instantly?

Reply to
Josh

We bought two fixtures in HD that are instant on so the ballast does exist. Check though, sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new fixture than a replacement ballast.

I have an under counter light in my kitchen. New Bulb is 5.99, new fixture with bulb is $4.99

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm not so sure they had electronic ballasts for 2-FB40T12 five years ago, but they do now, any electrical supply should carry them

Reply to
RBM