Fluidmaster & Water Hammer - Adjustable?

After my Fluidmaster equipped toilet finishes filling, I get the water hammer sound. From research, it appears to be caused by the F's fill valve. Can this be corrected or do I have to replace the entire assembly? Can the fill valve be replaced? Any other relatively easy solutions?

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
nr

Close the cut off valve that feeds the toilet. Leave it open just enough to fill slowly.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Good idea. I have the toilet near the bedrooms turned so far closed that I don't hear it at all when it fills. It takes 5 or 10 minutes, but that's ok. (And it doesn't whistle when it is about to turn off, either. I think it might do that, but any small adjustment would make that go away.)

mm

Try a hammer arrestor. Look up Sioux chief on the internet, they have arrestors especially made for toilets. Ron

Reply to
R & S