fluidmaster constantly leaking from top of valve

I have a fluidmaster that has a slow but constant leak from the top of the valve (not from the refill tube). I took the top of the valve off and flushed out the valve but that didn't help. Do I just have to buy another fluid master?

Reply to
seannakasone

buffalobill

Don't they have a rubber diaphram type washer. Sometimes grit collects there and cause leak. Removal, cleaning and replacing may solve. Don't know if they sell new diaphrams. Frank

Reply to
Frank

They do sell repair kits at the hardware store. Make sure your model allows the replacement of the rubber washer. You should be able to twist the top cap off. Make sure you turn off the water.

Reply to
harlen

harlen posted for all of us...

Heh heh heh

Reply to
Tekkie®

I just replaced the valve and flapper on one of my toilets with a replacement kit from Home Depot. I was all set to turn off the water and drain the tank and remove the entire valve assembly and gasket, when I discovered that the old valve pulled right off and the new valve slipped right over the existing tube and worked perfectly.

I'm not a plumber, so I'm still confused but very happy. The entire job took me about 3 or 4 minutes of actual work.

Reply to
mgkelson