Flex Seal

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff? What's your input?

Meanie

I have not used it myself, but I saw a can in a buddy's barn and asked him: he says it is great stuff. Maybe takes several coats.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

I used the spray in an attempt to fix a leak below the windshield of a car.

Because of limited access to the specific area where the leak was occurring and the amount of rust in the area I was trying to seal, I was only able to improve the situation, not completely stop the leak.

The best I can say is that it appears to work, but since I couldn't actually see the entire application area, I can't blame the less than perfect results on the product. I don't know if I was able to achieve 100% coverage, but the leak was reduced by a considerable amount.

If the only allowable answers are "Yes, it works as advertised" or "Run away as fast as you can", I would choose the former.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I was ripped off on the tv deal. Posted it here. I still have the 2 cans. I was so pissed off i never used them. They might be the cats ass but i will hate them forever.

Reply to
Thomas

Amazon sells it and here are their reviews:

I do caution with Amazon as they ask reviews immediately and what appeared good when first used, may have disappointed with time and review does not mention it.

Reply to
Frank

It can also be bought in stores that sell the "As Seen on TV" items.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land they are pretty well useless

Reply to
clare

I often purchase from Amazon and within a day or two after receiving (and sometimes even before it arrives), they ask for a review. I don't write a review until I've provided a decent amount of time using a product, depending what it is of course.

I agree, I've seen some reviews people wrote soon after receiving a product then say, "I'll update later", but never I see an update.

Reply to
Meanie

It says they made the airboat out of xxxxxx but I can never tell what they say it's made of. ???

Reply to
micky

There is no limit to the stupidity of a drunk redneck!!

Reply to
clare

see

at about the 1 minurte mark.

Reply to
clare

With enough beer (and horsepower) I guess anything is possible. The average airboat hull of a few years ago would be a leaky mess after an hour or so of the treatment that guy is dishing out.

Reply to
clare

Or an old clapped out air-knocker, or a C85 Conti - or if you were really hauling ass, a 6 cyl Franklin. with a shortened second world war or korean war surplus prop..

Reply to
clare

Obviously not a very good redneck. He spilled his beer.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

i have always wondered if you could coat a shingle roof for a emergency repair. i wonder if anyone has ever tried that?

Reply to
bob haller

I tossed my roofer a can. He tossed it back. I would think it would help.

Reply to
Thomas