fireplace insert faceplate

had a fireplace insert faceplate fabricated, have just painted it and now need to attach it to tile. looks more or less like this

the faceplate is flat and I would like to glue it to tile...........looking for some glue that is strong but not super so strong that it is impossible to remove for maintenance. i have some construction adhesive around but is it too strong..... also thought of 2 face tape but the only tape i have is to thick and would cause the faceplate to stick out to far. Looking for ideas.

Reply to
buckwheat

A little RTV should do

Reply to
philo

You can get double sided tape in many thicknesses. Film type carpet tabe has virtually no thickness and sticks very well, need to use it gingerly. Another possibility is spray adhesive; with some types the permanence varied depending upon how long it dries before joining the surfaces. I'm assuming that the face plate doesn't get hot hot.

Reply to
dadiOH

hey tape to each surface sounds like best idea........................thanks

Reply to
buckwheat

I'd not trust any adhesive or tape if you are going to use this with burning wood. Last thing you need is some tape letting loose while the fire is going Make a mechanical fastener that can be bolted or latched.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski