Filling in pavers

I built a landing for my front door. It is wall block and caps and in the center of the caps I filled in with pavers. The joints are nice and snug and I filled in the pavers with the screened sand that I used under the pavers.

My problem is that even after a few weeks and sweeping the landing many times the sand still kind of blows out or the rain will splash some out and it gets tracked into the house. Is the screened sand that I used between the pavers and the crushed base what I should be using to fill in the space between the pavers or is there something else that stays in the cracks?

Reply to
Jordan