Figuring out my junction box

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out my junction box. Basically, I have two sets of 4 wires in a bundle: one hot, one netural:

The hot bundle is undone with all wires on the right, with the hot wire caped.

I know what one of the wires (the modern one) in each set does: powers my light fixture. That leaves three wires in each bundle.

I assume that a wire comes from the electrical box and is split into two circuits here. Is that the only possible thing that might be happening? And also, if I'm unable to determine what one of these circuits does, should I simply disconnect that wire inside this box?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude

I wouldn't change anything before you know what you're changing. Have you noticed anything going dead since you disconnected that hot wire from the bundle? That will tell you where those branches lead. You don't mention why you're opening this box. Needless to say, be careful- shut off breaker and test that circuit is dead before you touch anything.

Reply to
Sev

I suppose you like other boxes better than junction boxes. You're a boxist.

Reply to
mm