Fertilizer

I'm ticked. The neighbors hire out their yard work to a bunch from south of the border. Today, was out in the hot tub, relaxing, and seen one of the workers, squatting in their bushes, taking a dump!

I confronted the neighbor, but now plan on taking it to the board since all the neighbors must belong to the association. The neighbor told me to mind my own business, they're doing jobs, no Americans want to do. UGH!

Should I make a formal complaint with the police department? Good grief, isn't like we live in the hood over this way. There are kids living in this neighborhood.

Am I just some cranky old fart, or should I demand decency?

Reply to
Rudy

This is how these HOA things turn ugly. Assuming you were nice about it, the neighbor should have just said "Thanks for telling me. I will speak with the landscape company" But instead, apparently you have an ass for a neighbor.

IF it really went as you described, I would contact the police and file a report. They will likely then talk to the neighbor, get the name of the landscape company, and likely have a conversation with them.

Reply to
trader4

Camera, YouTube. Then send link to neighbors, HOA officers, police....and la Migra

Reply to
Douglas C. Neidermeyer

If it wuz me, I'd look upon this as an opportunity rather than a problem.

I'd go down to your local sporting goods store and buy a simple "camping toilet" for $15 to $20 and generously present it to the landscaping crew so they can take it with them where they go. Those people aren't dumb. They know where they poop when they have to, and they'll know why you're giving it to them.

[image:
And, I expect that landscaping crew will show their appreciation by doing $15 to $20 worth of yard work in your yard every so often when they're at your neighbor's house.

My father, now passed away, spent a few months in Ukraine. He was in his 90's and wanted to see the place he grew up 75 years later. It turns out that my sister had a nanny that was from near his home town, and she made arrangements for my dad and my other sister to stay with that nanny's family while they were in Ukraine. And, let me tell ya, these people had NOTHING. They didn't have indoor running water; they had a well, and they'd have to heat that water on a two ring hot plate to have a bath. They didn't have an indoor toilet, it was an outhouse. They had electricity, and a radio and that radio was their "entertainment". That nanny is still living in that house, but one of her sons, his wife and their two kids moved to Winnipeg 2 years ago, and now they're living in their own house (which they inherited then the nanny's aunt in Winnipeg passed away). Our family is helping them get established. He's a fireman and she's a nurse, but neither of them can work in those professions here because they're just starting to learn English. Both their kids learned English in grade school in Ukraine. After Gorbachev did his thing, and Ukraine became independant of the USSR, the Ukrainian government started offering ESL (English as a Second Language) education in Ukrainian schools because they believed it would be important for Ukrainians working in Ukrainian industries to communicate in English with companies in Europe and North America. So, both of the kids speak English much better than either of their parents because they learned English in grade school in Ukraine. I would have never expected that.

If nothing else, those landscapers will know you don't want them to poop in your yard.

Reply to
nestork

Air horn to your rescue!

A youtube of that could go viral!!

LMAOF, John

Reply to
John

Are the police seriously going to investigate a guy taking a shit in the bush?

Reply to
Dusenberg

I can imagine that a blast of the air horn will totally evacuate his bowels in an instant -- a bigger heap to dispose of.

Reply to
EXT

I think reading other posts, I like the idea of just letting the guy taking a dump, see you take his picture or video while in the process. I think that might make him stop doing this. Short of that, I would personally speak to the landscaper boss and tell him, you don't appreciate it and will take it to the HOA if necessary with proof (pictures you took or video you took). I don't know if the police will do anything but it's certainly a health issue.

Reply to
Doug

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:30:32 -0400, "Rudy" wrote in Re Fertilizer:

Yes

Reply to
CRNG

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:22:25 +0000, nestork wrote in Re Re: Fertilizer:

Best idea I've read here in a long time.

Reply to
CRNG

All the clearer for the youtube movie making!

John

Reply to
John

Seriously investigate, as in call out CSI, look for witnesses? No. Will the police go talk to the neighbor and probably the landscape company? Probably

Reply to
trader4

Rudy:

While I can understand how you could be offended by what you saw, problems like this are best handled with kidd gloves.

After all, if you come off as demanding that something be done, you're going to force your neighbor into a defensive position, and he's gonna say "Look Pal, it happened in my bushes on my property. It doesn't affect you, so mind your own business."

That's why I think that if you go to the neighbor or landscaping crew bearing gifts (like a camping toilet), things will start off in a spirit of co-operation.

Reply to
nestork

Demand decency? Where? How? My experience with contractors who had crew working was that they left for breaks and lunch....even when we offered food and drink. I can imagine someone having an unexpectedly urgent call and he chose the best spot available at the time?

Reply to
Norminn

Soccer players in park, all Mexicans, just pissing out in the open. After that I had my phone set on camera to take pictures but it never happened again. Really not much to do without evidence of indecent exposure. I was yelling at them to take their business to the park porta potties.

Reply to
Frank

Sometimes a soft voice turneth away wrath. In this case, it's best idea I've heard in a while. I hope the OP does this, and let us know how it works.

.

"nestork" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@diybanter.com...

[...]

Stormin Mormon

Perhaps you could plant some poison ivy there?

Reply to
krw

To get what you want. As opposed to not getting it or even getting an argument.

I myself might talk to the landscape foreman next, because I'm cheap. And because without seeing the place, I'm not sure how it would work. Is there a tree big enough to hide behind? Or would tney still go in public but leave nothing behind. The truck probably has no "inside" where htey can go.

But like he says, everyone gets defensive when someone complains. Some are able to repress that feeling, and at least be polite while you're complaining to them (during which they may agree to do something and ignore the complainer as soon as he leaves) , but Nestork's plan will probably keep them from resenting the complainer to begin with, and is much more likely to cause the OP to get what he wants.

And like he says, they very well might do some cleaning up on his yard in return. Without being asked. (I wouldn't ask) And maybe more than once. A little kindness goes a long way.

Even if this technique doesn't work here, there are often better ways to deal with a problem.

At a college showing of a movie near my apartment when I lived somewhere else, the woman, too old for college, was eating fritos and rustling the bag over and over, incredibly loud for a little bag.. When they changed the reel, instead of demanding or even asking her to stop eating the snacks, I asked her if she planned to continue because if she did, I would find another seat. She said No and stopped for the rest of the movie. (There really was no other seat nearly as good)

At anotehr apartment, someone kept stealing my and my roommates afternoon newspaper. I parked in front of my building, which had windows in and next to the door, and waited until I saw someone come down the stairs and bend down, picking up the paper it was clear. As he headed out of the door, I got out of my car and walked upt the sidewalk to the building meeting him halfway. I had no idea what I was going to say. As i reached him, I put out my hand and took the paper and said "Thanks". I didnt' embarrass him (much, because I looked at the paper and kept walking) )or antagonize him. And the paper was never stolen again.

These are my only two examples. Other times I don't think of clever away and I often don't get what I want.

Reply to
micky

The threat is also a hostile act. The landscaper boss is clever enough to know what the OP might do, so the OP should just say, "One of your men did so and so and it's really gross. Could you get all the men to stop doing this."

Although I'm not sure how he would do that, threatened or not. Were these guys there all day, or did they have another job first, so they could go to a bathroom (somewhere?) before they got to the n'bor's house? Did they go out for lunch. (A lot of crews eat at a buffet near here) Did this guy have diarrhea?

How many guys are there?

Reply to
micky

That is, he HAD to go NOW.