ferguson plumbing supplies?

Does anyone know how the prices are at Fergusons compared to say HD or lowes? I'm talking about regular plumbing items and faucet fixtures?

I've never been there...but a buddy suggested going over there for quality stuff.

thanks

-jd

Reply to
g20zoom

Go there and decide for yourself.

Reply to
Oren

If that is the same company we have here somewhere around 140% msrp whereas Lowes and HD are discounted below msrp in most cases.

Reply to
Colbyt

Ferguson sells wholesale to plumbers. If you walk in the door as a retail customer, they'll quote you manufacturer's full list price. You'll do better at HD or Lowes.

Reply to
Rick-Meister

Ferguson has always been quite a bit more expensive on comparable items than the home improvement stores. Plus, they're only open during the week during work hours. The only time I buy from them is if it's something I can't find anywhere else, and I don't want to order. Then I have to get time off from work and drive across town during a workday. On the plus side, the staff are very knowledgable and courteous, which I cannot say about other places. I'm sure business account holders get a significant discount, too.

Regards, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man

They sure do..beats the prices at HD Fortunately, I know "somebody" who works there and he gets me the discount and its what I want, not just what the Big Box places stock

Rudy