Fence/wall-relative cost

Some neighbors and I are considering whether to install concrete-block walls, chain-link fencing, or wooden fencing. For our purposes they are all pretty much interchangeable.

Are there any generally accepted rules-of-thumb about the RELATIVE costs of each, per running foot at a specified height? If wooden fencing is X dollars per foot to have installed, maybe chain-link fencing would be 1.5X, and concrete-block walls 3X? Of course here I'm asking about initial, installed cost. I would expect concrete to last maybe 3 times as long, and thus be more cost effective, but the group at this point is more focused on initial cost.

Any thoughts on the relative costs involved?

Thanks.

Reply to
CWLee

How about welded-wire fence (about 10 cents/ft^2 or 40 cents per linear foot for a 4' tall fence) and T-posts (about $3 each) on 10' centers?

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

I live in the Sun belt. Wood requires maintenance yearly. Definitely not my ideal product. Chain link looks like a jail yard to me. Fence block when painted is for-ever. At least longer than I am going to be in the house, ~3-10 years. Currently where I live fence block is going for ~$30 a foot for 6 feet high. A year ago it was $24 a foot. Neighbor just had to wait a year to do the wall between us which is being finished today.

Reply to
SQLit