Fence Rails: 2 or 3?

It's a 6' privacy fence, but no wood posts. The new arsenic-free PT posts seem to have brown rot issues. I'll keep the fence boards 2 or

3 inches off the ground to keep the dirt off them.
Reply to
mike

replying to aemeijers, Nikella wrote: How many inches between each board if going with 3 board / 3feet tall posts?????

Reply to
Nikella

How big is your dog?

Reply to
Bill

How wide is the rail??? Use 2X12s and it might be half an inch.

Reply to
clare

Mine's an 80+ pound Mountain Cur . But we live out in the woods , no fences . He did discover that the electric fence around the garden - for deer control - hurts ... Max could clear a 3 foot fence without trying .

--

Snag

Reply to
Terry Coombs

replying to RicodJour, Jimi wrote: I believe what was meant was *"in total bare"not ("each bear")* ....and the POINT BEING the posts bare the weight in the end and the rails purpose is to create a place to fasten fence boards to ...so unless hit by large forces of wind 2 rails is sufficient

Reply to
Jimi