Fence or other screen ideas needed

Metallic silver.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Instant squint, impossible to see past it on a bright day?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Dave,

In some ways, yes. When we moved here 15 years ago, we never dreamed the surrounding properties would be stripped and developed the way they have been. I guess I had the foolish assumption that other's would value the natural area the way that we do.

Actually, the homeowners might, but the developers see trees as easy money and cut them all down. They're just big weeds getting in the way of their paved drives and mini-mansions. The same developer has prepared all of the surrounding sites, so he applied the same mentality to all of them.

I had to laugh at the sales flyer for the new house. It showed a photo of the dozen or so remaining trees on the property (used to be hundreds), and touted the lot as a "natural wooded area". :)

Like I said, that's not an option. This is our home, and we intend to stay here. Besides, we couldn't afford anything else these days anyway. Prices around here have gone ballistic.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

Haven't you always been interested in raising a few pigs on your property? Which way does the wind blow?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What if he took pictures through those telescopes, and dropped them off with the neighbors. "Lookit this...aren't these great? This is your bedroom window, right? I'm gettin' a bigger lens next week....or maybe a Questar telescope. Is that the little wife? If I can figure out a way to cut the glare on the window..."

I don't think that's illegal.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I ask that you reconsider. If you call your barn a wood shed it can be as narrow as 6 feet and as tall as you please. Also pole sheds are well suited to sloping sites and in some cases are the only feasible option. You plant the poles, leave them long and cut to fit using longer poles on the downhill side.

Reply to
Lawrence

Please do look in to it. Drip irrigation is very efficient and reliable compared to the past. It is not just a way to water but also to fertilize with water soluble fertilizer. It is a bit of effort to install but after that it's all gravy. Just be sure that you have a minimun of 6 hours full sun on the site.

is one site that is good. Newly planted trees are good candidates for drip irrigation it seems and there are tree rings designed for the purpose. A very low output emitter might be all that's necessary for your climate. Drip systems ususally use an inline filter to prevent emitter clogs.

Reply to
Lawrence

Set up a couple of big telescopes in your yard, pointing right at the new house. Make them build a big fence to protect THEIR privacy.

Reply to
Bill

Not really... :)

Usually towards the neighbors we LIKE. :)

Besides, I'm sure the mini-mansion has an elaborate air filtration system.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

Pig fumes penetrate anything. They will get through the containment building of a nuclear reactor, right throw the cement particles.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"right throw"? Did I type that? "through"!

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom