Fence building.

I want to make a 6' tall, wood fence, on 8' centers, using 4" x 4" wood posts.

When I attach the 2" x 4" horizontal members to the post, is it best to use lag bolts, decking screws or nails?

Thanks.

Lewis.

******
Reply to
limeylew

buffalobill

The fences I have seen all used nails for that part. Ring shank nails are the way to go and have incredible widthdrawal resistance. The wood will fail before that type of nail with come out. If you use an air nailer it is fast too.

Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence