Fein MultiMaster sanding pad attachment on HarborFreight MultiTool

You mean the new Fein tools have the quick release mount. The 636 - of which there are many many thousands of units out there, and the consumables and replacement parts for them are readily available - has the "old-fashioned" bolt mount. There are also other manufacturers - Bosch, Dremel, Rockwell, etc. Another H&L pad would probably fit, or be easily modified.

RicodJour

Ok, I had a look at the Harbor Freight palm sander. Not suitable for what I need. The foam pad is very thin compared to the Multi Tool. So it won't sand shaped wood work as well as the deeply padded Multi Tool sanding attachment.

The real killer is that the palm sander used the same hook and loop paper attachment method as the Multi Tool.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

In case you or anyone else that owns the Harbor Freight multi tool is interested, I replaced the original hook surface on the sanding pad with adhesive backed velcro.

I used it and it works great. The first thing I noticed was the on the brand name Velcro tape, the hooks were much denser than the Harbor Freight original part.

After a few hours of use, and applying substantial pressure to the tool (letting the tool do the work, the job was taking forever) the replacement velcro is holding up a lot better than the original.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

OH NO!

Take that new velcro off immediately. As many here have insisted, you need to go out and buy a more expensive tool! Sticking a new piece of velcro on the old pad can't possibly work properly, and may even cause your entire family to die.

Reply to
salty

While that may be true, one needs to ask oneself: "what have they done for me....lately?"

I'm a big fan of Harbor Freight for some things. I'm blessed with one about 3 miles down the road. My experience with their electric tools has not been good. However, when I was looking for cheap tools to carry in an emergency kit for my motorcycle, they were the place for cheap wrenches, screwdrivers, and impact sockets. I always get pneumatic stuff from them for next to nothing. Nobody makes a cheaper digital volt-ohm meter ($3) But I won't buy electric tools from them.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hanig

I've had great luck with their electric impact tools. I have one of their big breaker hammers that I've put a zillion hours on. Also a lowend hammerdrill that has done great so far (medium hours), and just got a demo hammer that works very well, but I don't know yet about durability. However, I tried a recip saw that was a POS.

bill

Reply to
bill