Fastening a wire to a cement block wall?

I need to run an invisible fence wire along a cement block wall. It won't be subject to anything, it just has to stay there. If it were wood, a small staple would be enough.

What sort of fastener will do the least damage to the wall? Does it go on the block or on the mortar?

Thanks.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

They make tempered masonry nails. They are about 1" long and about the diameter of a #4 nail.

In the ceiling trades, they are called "hard pins" used for installing drop ceiling wall angle to cement block. They are readily available at a commercial dry wall house. They will rust if that is an issue.

Reply to
DanG

I'd use the smallest tapcon I could find and either wrap the wire around the tapcon or find some sort of clip that will work with the tapcon.

Always attatch to the mortar: the mortar has a shorter lifespan than the Masonry unit anyway, so it may well need to be replaced and doing so is not nearly as big a deal as hiving to bust out a whole block and replacing that.

Free advice and worth every penny.

John

Reply to
raven