Farm tractor rampage

"...A man on a big farm tractor, angry about his recent arrest for resisting arrest and marijuana possession, was rolling across their vehicles -- five marked cruisers, one unmarked car and a transport van."

Video / Read more:

"We had nothing to pursue him with," said Chief Deputy Philip Brooks.

Reply to
Oren

They may nail his ass to the jail wall for a long time, but I bet he had fun doing it. Probably had/has a cheering section too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why is it the criminals never "man up" and accept the penalty for what they've done? It's always the cop's fault for catching them...

Reply to
dennisgauge

From the very same article linked above:

"Brooks said the destroyed vehicles constituted more than half the fleet of sheriff's cruisers in the rural county on the Canadian border. Others were out on patrol at the time of the incident."

Reply to
Mark Storkamp

There are actually more "innocent" persons in prison than you might think!

Alan Dershowitz explained: "People are convicted, not for what they did, but for what can be proved. Often what can be proved is not what they did and what they did cannot be proved."

A goblin can be sent to prison by changing ONE letter in the cop's offense report! Suppose the offense report read:

"While on routine patrol, my partner Sam Spade and I saw Dudley Dobad, known to us as a car thief, sitting ON a late model Chevrolet vehicle parked in front of his residence. We ran the plates on the aforementioned vehicle and the information came back as "stolen." We placed Dobad under arrest...."

Replace the word "ON" (in caps) above with the word "IN" and you have a completely different situation.

Some think it's a pity that a mere typographical error can send a man to prison...

Reply to
HeyBub

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Bet a lot of people want to do the same thing, but we are afraid. He musta been high at the time. lol.

Reply to
Waylon Bruc

Well, that stoner idiot made his life a lot worse.

.

Bet a lot of people want to do the same thing, but we are afraid. He musta been high at the time. lol.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

done? It's always the cop's fault for catching them...

I've noticed the same thing with the cops. Even when you have them on tape they lie like rugs.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Just another example of your precious USA going down the toilet.

Reply to
Root

Not yet. This was but an example of marijuana-induced road rage.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 17:09:38 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote in Re Re: Farm tractor rampage:

done? It's always the cop's fault for catching them...

The guy got busted for marijuana. That shouldn't have happened. The law should ignore it, just like it ignores all the illegal aliens.

If the politicos can pick and choose the laws to be enforced, the citizens can pick and choose the laws they will obey.

Will that lead to chaos? Sure, but who started the trend?

Reply to
CRNG

they've done? It's always the cop's fault for catching them...

RMN with the 55MPH national speed limit.

Reply to
krw

For the most part, the vast most part, the Obama administration DOES ignore the laws on marijuana.

The feds will often prosecute smugglers of large amounts, but the casual user? They don't seem to care.

Reply to
HeyBub