Fans - care and cleaning of motor, oil? Looking for suggestions

CRC 2-26 ? I use it for electronics and light oiling.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Baah, shows what you know. Just because it's been a month, and still working? Get back to me after a week, and let me know. Besides, everyone knows WD-40 is a Water Displacer.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've known of people to use the older WD as engine starting spray. I think it had some propane or butane. Please don't spray it over a lit flame.

I agree, WD is reasonable to good for freeing up bearings, greasy equipment, etc. It's also of course a water displacer.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

will the person who freed up the bearings with WD40 confirm your fire insurance is paid...........

some people leave their fans running forever in warm weather mistankedly believing a running fan some how cools a room............

go out with a fan withbad bearings can be a fire hazard

.
Reply to
bob haller

in warm weather mistankedly believing a running fan some how cools a room............

Would the person who believes this please reply to this post?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I read this three times, and can't figure what you mean. Are we talking dating, romance, and relationships?

Would I need a dating web site to go out with a fan?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

...some would say gummy is varnish/sticky! OTLM/old_timers_like_me

Reply to
bob_villa

my best friends entire family believes this it drives bill crazy, they leave for work early in the am and leave multiple fans running all day. to cool the rooms

i suggested bill just get central AC since the energy used would keep things cooler

as is the fans running in a closed room just raise the temperature

Reply to
bob haller

If the fan is actually listed, it will have a thermal fuse in it. That is usually what is blown when they are just "dead".

Reply to
gfretwell

You've jogged my memory. It was 5-56.

Reply to
J Burns

If it has only been sitting a couple of days, it starts on low. If it's been several days, it needs a nudge, or I press a button with more torque.

My car engine is the same way. If I let it sit a week, it won't start in low. I get around that by pressing the clutch before I turn the key. ;)

I leave the face grill off my fan because it doesn't hurt to stick my finger in the downwind side. I've spent countless hours researching how it felt to stick my fingers into fans from different sides! Ceiling fans should always blow down so a tall person will get only a gentle reminder.

Reply to
J Burns