ez way to charge phone , ettc??

It says this costs only 15. Takes no extra space. I wonder if it wastes electrictiy all the time, or if it turns off when the doors are shut.

micky

These have been on the market for awhile. Most, if not all, manufacturers of receptacles have them. When not in use, I'm sure it uses exactly the same amount of power as the 120v receptacles use when they're not in use.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

When a normal receptacle is not in use, it uses no power whatsoever, so it's probably not the best way of power draw comparison. But in this case it seems to be exactly right: the manual says "the USB outlets are only powered when the safety switch cover is open and a USB cable is plugged in". So, it looks like the 5.2V circuit is completely disconnected until the cover engages a switch and therefore is does not draw anything when not in use.

Reply to
passerby

I've seen them on the market for a while and that one looks to be a good unit. I did find out that it will provide 2 amps at 5.2 volts which should be enough to power two at a time of the most power hungry devices that operate on 5 volts but I would check the current draw on a 10 inch tablet before you decide to connect two of them at the same time. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I don't get it. Why are you sure?

I didn't see that. That's very good.

Well, on second thought, it would be better if it said they only use power then. It could be the output is disconnected from the outlet, but the rest is running.

They have certainly made many transistor radios and other things where the switch was in the secondary circuit, and not in the primary, even when the transformer was IN the radio.

Reply to
micky

First I have to get one tablet. I don't think I'll ever have two.

Bigger families may get two receptacles. ;)

Reply to
micky