exterior sealant

About 12 years ago when they installed my AC where they ran the cable in through the house they applied a sealant. That is all cracked and deteriorated now and I can actually see outside around there. Is that a just a regular silicone sealant they use for that or something special? I notice that the same thing is around the cable and telephone entrance too.

Reply to
Darrel

The butyl rubber window caulking works well in cold climate, stays flexible, sticks well to brick. Most installers will use the cheapest acrylic they can find, those do shrink and get crumbly over time. I suppose GE silicone caulk will work good too.

Reply to
RickH

Ok thanks. I guess what would be best then is to remove what is there and just install all new? Shouldn't be to hard.

Reply to
Darrel

In the US Navy back in the 50s, we used a clay like fibrous glob of blackish crap we called "Monkey shit". It never hardened.

Reply to
willshak

Something today; used to build railroad cars, is said to stick to a "ball of Lard".

Oh, days of wear too get it off the skin, and, just forget the clothes.

It can outlast the jeans. :)

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren