Entire House Fills with Ice

It could be legit. last really cold winter the county airport didnt turn their fountain off. Created a 60 foot high ice pile, self supporting.

No reason that couldsnt happen inside a home. I wonder how much damage it would do?

Reply to
hallerb

Hey Jim, It sounds like for a farmer you aint too damn bright when it comes to the ol upstairs grey matter. "Who'd-uh-thunk" Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

My fault. My final conversion is wrong.

Reply to
Doug Miller

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Give him a chance! Just think about all the idiots who 're-elected' George W' for a SECOND term.

Sheesh! Cringing and embarrassed one presumes.

If this presidency doesn't work maybe America needs to consider some other form of government? One that is more representational of all citizens, free-er of lobbying, politics and the self interests of big business and the military-industrial complex.

Just look at who has to be 'bailed' out; this time!

It's no longer 'What is good for General Motors is good for America!' GMC corporation is the one that needed the MOST help!

Noting that Toyota isn't looking for a handout!

And badly regulated banks and corrupt financial and lending institutions/corporations that have caused this mess. It's quite clear that 'Free Enterprise' should not mean 'Freedom to rob'.

BTW. Does anyone remember the word 'Quisling' after WWII? Well; we need an equivalent to describe Cheney's role in recent events. "Puppet Master" maybe?

Mission ACCOMPLISHED indeed!

More like another hurried retreat from Saigon!

So let's repair our own house.

Reply to
terry

House in Montreal Canada some 40+ years ago. Hot water radiation heating. Owner and family transferred. Brother in law supposed to check on house. Cold spell. Everything froze. Then thawed, then froze again. Immense damage to heating, plastered walls etc. Rumoured then to be over $15,000 (considering house prices then probably about one third value of house?) Today probably $50,000 or more!

Reply to
terry

Possible, but I don't see how it could do that and have flowed outside as it did (in the quantity it did) if it was freezing at the same rate as flowing, essentially...

I'm convinced it isn't anyways even close to full of water (or ice) whether anyone else is or not... :)

I guess we'll know in the spring, or summer, or next fall, or?????

Reply to
Bob F

A lot; and you'd be able to see it even in those shots. Broken glass, fixtures pushed around, non-straight viny siding, all sorts of stuff. Water expands when it freezes - no sign of confined expansion anywhere in those pics. My vote goes for a phoney set of pics.

Cheers,

Reply to
Twayne

Yeah, just the cost of replumbing, furnace, water heater & other equipment failures could pretty easily eat that up even in a moderately priced home. I would imagine a basement fill with water & frozen would break open the foundation; it's gotta go somewhere when it expands. Depends on what the freezing sequence is I guess; top down or bottom up, mixes of the two.

Reply to
Twayne

Reply to
Michael B

re "Someone broke in and stole the plumbing to sell as scrap."

Huh? While the water was on? Or did someone steal the plumbing and then turn the water back on?

Please explain how this "someone stole the plumbing and the house filled with water" thing would work.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The pipes were frozen - then they thawed?

Reply to
HeyBub

So they so stole pipes that were filled with ice? Possible...

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The home we live in had been a rental years ago.

a tenant fail;ed to pay rent for months, so landlord evicted him.

tenant left in middle of nite turned bath watyer on, closed tub drain: (

Brought down nearly all cielings, warped hardwood floors. neighbor noticed water coming out of garage running down street.

such things do happen. although this occured here in the 60s and was largely fixed traces still exist today:(

Primarily in minor marks where cielings were patched. water ruined furnace too.

I knew the landlord, who died years ago

Reply to
hallerb