Emergency tire repair

With starter fluid and a butane lighter
Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7FIvAw2wC4&feature=related

HeyBub wrote:

That is damn slick,wish I'd thought of it. I WILL be using this tip.
--
<<//--------------------\>>
Van Chocstraw

Old bead seating trick, probably first implemented on "big truck" tires. -----
- gpsman
it's an especially handy technique when new tires have been stored laying down and have their beads close together.
--
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain\'t seen nothin\' yet!
Just wait. You\'ll be cryin\' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain\'t seen nothin\' yet!
Just wait. You\'ll be cryin\' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M0GNLvPmAg&NR=1

They got a bunch of these. I'd heard that you need to get the air hose onto the valve stem immediately, or the tire starts to suck back in after the explosion. This video, above, demonstrates it nicely. You can really see the tire suck in, right away.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yeah, but we've seen posters wondering how in the hell they can re-bead a tubeless wheel-barrow tire...
This trick might work.
it does work on the WB tires also. BUT the best way to re-bead a wheel barrow tire is to go to the store and buy one of those 'flat free' solid tires. WB tires are as thin as paper and a pain to keep air in.
--
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain\'t seen nothin\' yet!
Just wait. You\'ll be cryin\' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama
on 1/19/2009 10:54 PM (ET) Steve Barker wrote the following:

The last time my wheel barrow tire went flat, I ran a bead of silicon sealer around the rim. Hasn't gone flat since, and that was 3 years ago.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain\'t seen nothin\' yet!
Just wait. You\'ll be cryin\' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9M6W6XxMM&NR=1
And sometimes it doesn't work very well.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

And other times the whole tire carcass can literally flail away in pieces, strewing steel beads and rubber shards all over the place. All it takes is an improper mix, for those kiddies deciding to try this at home. And whoever said shops do that all the time is full of BS; there are faster methods for any shop worth its salt and the don't lose the tire warranty by doing so. Such a mounted tire is pretty easy to spot; doesn't take much of a detective. Their insurance companies would take a pretty dim view of it, too of course.
nope, never happen.
--
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain\'t seen nothin\' yet!
Just wait. You\'ll be cryin\' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama

Oh, bullshit.

How many shops have you habituated?

What are they?

What does it take to describe the obvious evidence?

You're onefer. Obviously accidentally. -----
- gpsman

Irrellevant, but very likely more than you. Physics is the point here, not how many shops. I've dealt with explosive situations more often than I like.

If you don't know what they are, you're shooting in the dark with all of this. Gimme a stand, air & a rod & I'll have it down before the guy on u-tube gets ready to light a match.

Telltale smoothness on part of the rim, tiny cracks on the oval swipe most likely, a specific odor inside the tire, occasionally soot up the rim, and injured bodies laying around. Broken steel belts are likely too, meaning a failed wall on the tire. And yes, I've done it. I've also purposely exploded them using the same materials. Stopped before creating throw-off, but broke the bead in two places, burst bands. I stopped there; too many people were gathering round.

It was your assertion that "whoever said shops do that all the time is full of BS". How does physics apply to that?

Could you be any more vague?

Hm. Well, bring me into the light.
You're going to remove the wheel from the vehicle... lock it onto the stand... seat the bead... remove it from the stand and remount the wheel... by which lightning-like methods?

What causes that smoothness?

Hm. Might those tiny cracks on the oval swipe, whatever that is, be caused by no other action?

Rubber-like?
Permanent soot?

And supposing by some miracle nobody was injured, like in the video?

Your tires have steel-belted sidewalls?

Why would you do that?

Wasn't the tire in pretty poor condition to continue anyway?
You could be more obviously full of shit. -----
- gpsman
You obviously have never been in a tire shop or seen the process in person. I personally have done this hundreds of times, and there's no detrimental effects from doing it.
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain\'t seen nothin\' yet!
Just wait. You\'ll be cryin\' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama

You're also a trusting soul. So far. Or a moron.

No, i just know what i'm doing.