Emergency power system for one perosn: Generator or battery system?

modern inverters have a long list of safety built in.

low voltage, high voltage, overheat all of these automatically shut down the inverter and throw up a trouble code so you know what went wrong

Reply to
hallerb

What's it called? and

Where'd you get it?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Combs

Shouldn't the led one last a lot longer, per battery or dollar or the like?

David

Reply to
David Combs

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote in news:gl3ah2$ale$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.panix.com:

sure the LED model will last longer,but the level of light is going to be not as good as the fluorescent type.The LED model will let you get around a room without bashing your shins,but I suspect you won't like reading a book(or doing other tasks) with it.

LED lanterns can be found at Home Depot,Target,Wal-Mart,Lowes. All of those places have a wide selection of battery-powered lights; Target seems to have the best LED flashlight selection.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

When generator isn't an option (per subject line) then batterysys (sic) are the only other optionsys.

LED do last longer. But generally they are a rather blue light, and very short range. Fluorescents are crisp clean white, and also short range. The old filament bulbs are good if you want to see something at a distance, like a racoon in a tree. The Mag LED flash lights tend to be crisp white light, and also good for distance. I have a couple 3D Mag lights, and very pleased with them.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Lanterns are great for lighting up a room. Hung from a hook in the ceiling, or placed on a high shelf. The early pioneeers put kerosene oil lamps up high, on a shelf with a miror behind them. Very wise people.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:gl4n2n$3b1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

I have a RayoVac 1W 2AA flashlight($18) that throws a nice bright beam,is rugged,nicely built,and compact.I was in Target yesterday,and they had a couple of nice 1 and 2 watt LED flashlights that ran on 2 AA,one using 2 C cells.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Unless that blue is absorbed by the atmosphere more than other colors, range should be the same as with any other visible-light light.

However, range can be MUCH improved by forming the light towards a pencil-beam -- easy IF it comes with a maglight-type narrow-wide twisting-front.

I've got such a thing (costco), and distance is fine, as long as narrowed-down.

Also, re reading by led-light, I bought (costco again) a "head-lamp" (straps onto head, shines fwd like a miner's light), and it is SUPER for read in the movie theater during that 20 or more minutes of ads for other movies, etc.

(Except, amazingly, I've been angryly (sp?) asked (told) to turn it off during that -- some people LIKE the damn things! Takes all kinds, I guess.)

David

Reply to
David Combs

Many LED lights have a very poor reflector system, and are wide beam, short range.

Mag's official brand of LED light is presently available in

2D through 4D battery sizes. I bought a couple on sale. They are very bright, and crisp white light. The beam reaches a good far distance. I like them.

As to head light in the theatre, I would't personally be upset with someone reading during the prelude. I am upset by people with cell phones during the show itself.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon