electrical problems in the bathroom

a WHILE back I decided it would be an excellent idea to change the exhaust fan in my bathroom. well needless to say it wasnt a hot idea ill try my best to draw it out.

white__________ | |_____________white black__________| |______________black | | ------------------------------------ that is the wall switchbox, and hte ceiling has 2 pairs of white and black i cant make sense of this wall box and plus i capped off some wires what i thought needed to be and now i dont have electricity in my bathroom at all.....8) good times if anyone can shed some light on it you will be forever rewarded Thanks

Reply to
alexfannin

There is a lot of info missing here, like how many lights, fans, outlets, there are in the room With everything disconnected, and no bare wires touching anything, turn on the breaker (most likely there is only one and you know which one it is?). Use a tester or meter to determine which cable is live. Now you know the feed into the box. Shut off the breaker, verify the cable is now dead, then try hooking this feed to each of the other cables, black to black, wht to wht. Turn the breaker back on and see which lights/outlets work. Due that with each of the cables and you should be able to figure out what runs where and how to then hook it up.

Reply to
trader4

This looks like it was wired for a light/fan/heater/nightlight combo. There was probably a plate with 2 center off rocker switches at one time.

Reply to
gfretwell